SORRY - WE ARE UNFORTUNATELY OUT OF AMI INVENTORY SO WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING APPOINTMENTS
AS SOON AS MORE INVENTORY IS AVAILABLE, WE WILL SEND A NEWSLETTER AND ANNOUCE IT ON FACEBOOK. WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE MORE IN JUNE.
We are excited to be working on a project to replace all water meters with an AMI (Advance Metering Infrastructure) meter.
These meters are truly a great benefit for our customers. The AMI meters will allow for early detection of leaks and high water usage which will help prevent large and unnecessary water bills. We will also begin billing in gallons instead of 1,000 gallons which will help smooth out customer's bills.
The process to convert to the new system is significant. We ask for your cooperation during this process as utility staff will need to enter customer businesses and homes to change out the meter. Appointments will be for 30 minutes and an adult must be present during the appointment. We will be sending two utility/city staff members for each meter exchange. They will have employee badges identifying them as utility/city employees and they will always arrive in a utility or city vehicle. At no time will these individuals ask you for any personal information or request any payment.
Things you need to do prior to your appointment to make the process the most efficient:
- Locate your water meter (typically in your basement utility room) and make sure there is clear path to and around it.
- Make sure the main shut off valve is in working order. This is the valve on the side of the meter that leads to outside.
Click here to schedule your appointment
We will open up more appointments when we receive more inventory. Eventually, all meters will be swapped out.
Setting Up Water Leak Detection Alerts
If your AMI water meter has already been installed, be sure to set up a Water Leak Detection Alert. This will send you an email or text message whenever your water meter has detected usage for 21 out of 24 hours. Help us help you by setting this up right away and potentially saving you $$$ from a toilet that is not shutting off or leaking.
- Click on Alerts (header line)
- Find Water Leak Detection Alert and click on +Add
- Select the email or text icon, fill in the appropriate contact info, click on +
- Select Save Changes
Things To Know About Your New Meter
- Your new meter captures a read every hour.
- Data is transmitted only a couple of times a day back to our the data center at WPPI.
- MyAccount will show your usage through the last data that has reached the data center up to the prior day.
- Usage data is represented in intervals so the minimum interval has to be reached prior to a bar showing on your usage chart. For example, your style of meter may have a minimum interval of 6 gallons. If you use 3 gallons every hour, the first hour will show nothing on the chart and the second hour will then show 6 gallons. So even though it may look like you don't have a leak because the bar graph shows gaps, there still could be steady water running. A Water Leak Detection Alert will be sent when you have usage logged in 21 out of 24 hours or 88% of the hours of a timespan.
- Billing will now be to the gallon.